The Library, operated by the Kendall County Historical Society at Lyon Farm, is housed in the Herman Hanouw Museum building. It contains many archive records such as census lists, tax assessment lists, head of household lists, birth, death and marriage records, and cemetery records, some dating to 1840. Some additional materials include:
- 1859 Map of Kendall Co.
- 1871, 1903, 1922 Atlas and Plat Books of Kendall Co.
- 1876 Biographical Directory of Kendall county.
- 1877 History of Kendall County by Reverend Hicks.
- 1888 Portrait & Biographical records of Kane and Kendall Co.
- 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 U.S. census lists
- Kendall County cemetery records
- Kendall County veteran records of the Spanish American, Mexican and Civil Wars, the War of 1812, WW I, WWII, Korean and Vietnam Wars.
We also have a significant number of church records, indexed scrapbooks, photographs and other miscellaneous materials available for research.
Research can be done at the rate of $10 for the first hour and $8 for each additional hour. hard copies are charged at the rate of $0.15 per page.